“Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday declare LTC cash voucher scheme and special festival advance scheme for government employees with an objective to grow consumer spending”.
Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday convey a press conference ahead of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council meeting she is arrange to chair at 4pm.
Sitharaman declared proposals regarding consumer pay out and capital dissipating. Under consumer pay out, she announced proposals within two elements –LTC cash voucher scheme and special festival advance scheme.
Leave Travel Concession (LTC) Cash Voucher Scheme:
- Central government workers get leave travel privilege in a block of four years–one each to a station of choice and home town or two for home town.
- Under this, the air or rail fare is recompense as per pay scale/claim. Also, a leave encashment of ten days (pay + dearness allowance) is paid.
- However, workers will not be able to utilize the LTC in the 2018-21 year block due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. This is where the LTC will sake government employees.
- In lieu of one LTC during 2018-21, employees will get cash payment. There will be full remission on leave encashment and fare will be paid as per three slabs hang on upon the class of title. Additionally, there will be no tax on fare payment.
- An employee opting for this scheme will have to buy goods and services assistance three times the fare and one time leave encashment, and do so prior to March 31, 2021.
- The money is to be finished on goods send GST of 12% or more and only digital payments will be recognized. Also, employees will have to provide GST invoice.
- The finance minister said the scheme would cost Rs 5,675 crore if central government employees go for it. However, granted PSB and PSU workers, its cost would be Rs 1,900 crore.
- Sitharaman additional projected that with even 50% states choosing for this scheme, the government anticipate to charge Rs 9,000 crore into the economy.
Founder & CEO| Fox Investor – Financial Blog Portal & A.V.A. Taxway Associates- Corporate & Tax Law Firm
Dr. Viibhor Agarwal has a Ph.D. in IPR, start-ups, and corporate law, as well as an MBA in finance from NMIMS Mumbai, and achieved numerous certifications in corporate law. He is a practicing corporate lawyer and the founder of two business verticals. He has advised over 2000 businesses, 5000 students, and 400 new start-ups all over India and other countries like Dubai, London, the USA, and Qatar. Dr. Viibhor Agarwal assists people with business expansion and branding, regardless of size, as well as business setup, financial literacy, start-up guidance, licensing, tax planning, and other legal compliance issues. Dr. Viibhor Agarwal’s goal is to provide complete financial and business literacy to all businessmen who want to start new businesses and grow existing businesses and to those students who want to open their start-ups. In each video, Dr. Viibhor Agarwal not only explains the method of the solution but also advises subscribers on practical tips learned from and faced by clients handled by Dr. Viibhor Agarwal daily. This blog portal provides you with an easy and clear solution to your business problem, allowing you to take your business to the next level.