- Covid-19 Health policies have become very popular among the people in a short time after the launch of IRDA’s permission. According to IRDA’s chairman Subhash Kunthia, 60 lakh such policies were sold till September.
- Insurance regulator IRDA has taken an important decision in the interest of customers. It has allowed insurance companies to give policyholders the option to renew, migrate and port Corona Health Insurance policy. These policies were launched in June.
- These standard health insurance policies include corona protectors and corona armor. Their duration is 3.5 months, 6.5 months and 9.5 months.
- IRDA has issued a circular on Tuesday. In this he said, “Policies of any period can be renewed for more time. The renewal will be subject to the underwriting policy of the insurance company.
- The corona epidemic has had an impact on the economic condition of the people. Insurance penetration in the country is low. The cost of treatment in hospitals is increasing. In the midst of all these things, IRDA has taken this step. Gurdeep Singh, head of retail underwriting at Bajaj Allianz General Insurance, said that this is a welcome move. The vaccine of Covid-19 is yet to come. The purpose of these policies is to cover the treatment of corona. Due to the epidemic, there is a danger of this.
- Shortly after launch, Covid-19 health policies became very popular among the people. According to IRDA chairman Subhash Kunthia, 60 lakh such policies were sold till September.
- Amit Chhabra, head (health business) in the policy market, said that the step of the regulator may encourage policyholders to take more comprehensive health cover. They can switch to comprehensive health cover. Chhabra said that apart from renewing existing policies, customers who are willing to switch to comprehensive plans can avail migration facility. This step will bring more people under the purview of insurance. They will also be able to get treatment for major diseases like cancer, heart disease.
Founder & CEO| Fox Investor – Financial Blog Portal & A.V.A. Taxway Associates- Corporate & Tax Law Firm
Dr. Viibhor Agarwal has a Ph.D. in IPR, start-ups, and corporate law, as well as an MBA in finance from NMIMS Mumbai, and achieved numerous certifications in corporate law. He is a practicing corporate lawyer and the founder of two business verticals. He has advised over 2000 businesses, 5000 students, and 400 new start-ups all over India and other countries like Dubai, London, the USA, and Qatar. Dr. Viibhor Agarwal assists people with business expansion and branding, regardless of size, as well as business setup, financial literacy, start-up guidance, licensing, tax planning, and other legal compliance issues. Dr. Viibhor Agarwal’s goal is to provide complete financial and business literacy to all businessmen who want to start new businesses and grow existing businesses and to those students who want to open their start-ups. In each video, Dr. Viibhor Agarwal not only explains the method of the solution but also advises subscribers on practical tips learned from and faced by clients handled by Dr. Viibhor Agarwal daily. This blog portal provides you with an easy and clear solution to your business problem, allowing you to take your business to the next level.